Based on ATTRACT project: H3D-VISIOnAiR

Modality A






Modality A

Academic year



The inspiration for the project came from a deep concern for the future of our planet. We believe that the uncontrolled and accelerated production of the fashion industry may have already had a lasting impact on our planet and it may be too late to reverse the direct consequences that lie ahead. This industry is now the second largest polluter in the world just after the oil industry and the environmental damage is increasing as the industry grows.

According to research, today we wear 30% of our closet and the other 70% remains untouched simply because it was bought on a whim. It also states that four times more clothes are bought now than 40 years ago. The result of this kind of consumption is that of all the clothes we produce, 900,000 tons of it per year end up as textile waste. If this continues, this sector will be responsible for 25% of all CO2 emissions in the world by 2050.